Indonesian-Dutch Youth Dialogue for a Sustainable Future
On 7 June, the CSDS will organize the first Indonesian-Dutch Youth Dialogue for a Sustainable Future: Exploring bilateral partnership on youth development and engagement towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), together with TYK Research and Action Consulting, Indonesia Nederland Youth Society (INYS), Indonesian Diaspora Network, the Indonesian Embassy The Hague, and the NJR Jongerenvertegenwoordigers.
On 1 January 2016, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) officially came into force for the period 2016-2030. Indonesia and the Netherlands are thereby among the UN Member State signatories that adopt the goals as part of the so-called Agenda 2030. The two countries are key strategic partners, whereby current bilateral cooperation is focused on the water sector, food security, legal and judicial collaboration, and higher education.
Nonetheless, the SDGs have not been explicitly put on the bilateral cooperation agenda as of yet.
The Youth Dialogue will focus on the theme “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world,” which is the theme of the UN High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) that will convene in July 2017 to review progress of the following SDGs:
- Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture;
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation;
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development; and
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Do you want to join our discussion and broaden your network? Join us now!
You can register for this event in The Hague through the link here and find the event flyer attached to this news article.